Last week when when I was reading Thriving Family Magazine, one article title caught my eye: Become Your Spouse’s Publicist. In the book world, a publicist is one who advertises and promotes books.
It got me thinking…Do I more often give my husband “bad press” or “good press?” If I’m honest with myself, there are times that my tendency is to talk negatively about my husband than positively.
This post first appeared in July 2010, but it’s a perfect Marriage Monday to start off the New Year!
Here are 50 things I love about my husband:
1. He is a man who loves God’s truth.
2. He has a gift talking to people and helping them discover things about themselves.
3. He loves people and see God’s best in them.
4. He has a tender heart that is sensitive to God’s Spirit.
5. His spiritual gift of discernment never ceases to amaze me!
6. He’s not afraid to change when change is needed.
7. He’s fun!
8. He gives incredible back rubs.
9. He’s a hard worker.
10. He has a servant heart that blesses others in so many ways.
11. He has a gift with fixing things.
12. He is a wonderful father.
13. When the kids were little, he was so good to give them baths and get them to bed so I could have a break. 14. He has helped me raise our children…he is truly a partner.
15. He is predictable…and I love that about him!
16. He takes out the trash without my asking.
17. He is thoughtful.
18. He understands me.
19. He takes pride in the yard and caring for our home.
20. He is handy with things around the house.
21. He cleans up the vomit while I clean up the kid.
22. He let’s me be me and he is ok with him being him.
23. He goes to musicals with me even though he hates musicals.
24. He reminds me to keep my mileage when I rarely remember to do it myself.
25. He is ok being called “Mr. Jill” at the Hearts at Home conferences. Not many men would be ok with that.
26.He is so good to repair things around the house quickly. I don’t even have to ask!
27. He helps out in the kitchen, doing whatever needs to be done. (And he taught me to make incredible chili!)
28. He is committed to our family.
29. He is willing to live with less even when it’s sometimes not fun to do without.
30. He takes time for us.
31. He is an incredible dancer. I love swing dancing with him!
32. He balances the checkbook every month!
33. He helps around the house with almost anything. (I know that dusting is where he draws the line. Hey a man’s got to have his boundaries!)
34. He is a loyal and encouraging friend.
35. He has a cute butt.
36. He is patient with the kids, teaching them to do things the first time.
37. He was so good to wrestle with the kids when they were younger.
38. He is one sexy Papaw!
39. He takes care of our cars so well.
40. He likes to shop way more than I do.
41. He is a wise leader and my best leadership consultant.
42. He has supported me being home with the kids even though it was financially challenging.
43. He handles the Christmas tree lights every year.
44. He helps get all the decorations out every December.
45. He helps put all the decorations away every January!
46. He gives me time away when I need it.
47. He draws me out and help me understand my feelings.
48. He is an excellent listener.
49. He encourages me. He encourages the kids. He encourages everyone he meets!
50. He is my best friend.
Why don’t you take a stab at being your spouse’s publicist today? Go tell someone the good things about your partner!
Want regular encouragement?
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.
My husbank is AMAZINGLY talented! Just so you know…
Thanks for the reminder! I am actually making a list for my husband and both my daughters! My husband and I lead a couples bible study group and I forwarded the link to all my couples…
Wow, that husband of yours must be blushing…still! That's really, really nice. Kind of put me in my place though. I often vent my frustrations with my husband with girlfriends so they only hear that stuff instead of the wonderful qualities he possesses. I think I need to make a list like yours and give it to him. I really think he'd love that. Thanks Jill!
I needed to be read that— my husband is wonderful. Thanks!