Well I’m still feeling a bit jet-lagged due to an unexpected head cold, but everyday seems to be a little better. I’ve recently finished loading all of my pics on Facebook. If you’re not a Facebook member you can still view the photos here if you’d like:
Album 1: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=76877&id=529057238&l=8b231e5149
Album 2: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78065&id=529057238&l=ee501cf285
Album 3: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=78588&id=529057238&l=3ee4aa8486
In bringing a close to this trip, I thought I’d share the top 5 things that are unique about Europe:
1) They don’t have ice in their drinks! If you ask for ice they look at you like you’re crazy. The only place I was able to have ice was at McDonald’s on our very last night in Budapest. I was dying for an ice cold drink!
2) In Europe they eat their large meal at lunch and then they eat a very light meal at dinner. I kind of like this idea!
3) They serve cold meats (like ham, turkey, etc) and cheese for breakfast.
4) Stores are not open on Sunday at all. Most stores close at 5pm during the week. Occasionally you can find one open until 8pm, but it’s very rare.
5) They don’t have washcloths in European hotel rooms. I made do with a hand towel. 🙂
Thank you again for praying for Angie and I during the trip. We’re still hearing from the moms we met through email and Facebook (at least the ones who can speak enough English to communicate!). Because there are so few Christian resources in Europe, this was a breath of fresh air for the moms we came to encourage.
Want regular encouragement?
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.