It’s a snow day here in the Midwest and for a big part of the country. I just love bonus days like this!
If you need some inspiration for how to use a bonus day try one or more of these ideas:
1. Bake cookies. (If you have school age kids, it’s a great day to teach them how to read a recipe, measure ingredients, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.)
2. Stay in your jammies all day.
3. Let the kids build a fort in the house and let them have a picnic lunch in their fort.
4. Teach the kids how to play solitaire…not on the computer…with real cards!
5. Pull out a board game you haven’t played in ages.
6. Put together a jigsaw puzzle.
7. Have a tea party.
8. Have a marshmallow fight.
9. Blow bubbles in the house.
10. Fill the bathtub, pull out pool toys, pull out the swimsuits, and let the kids go “swimming” in the bathtub.
11. Because you have the time, try a new recipe for dinner.
12. Have the kids draw pictures for grandparents or aunts and uncles who live far away. Teach them how to address an envelope and prepare something to be mailed.
13. Shut off the television, the computers, the video games, and have everyone read for an hour.
14. Make puppets out of paper bags and have a puppet show.
15. Fill spray bottles with colored water and let the kids spray paint pictures in the snow.
16. Make homemade valentines for the kids to give to friends, grandparents, and other special people in their life.
17. Make snow ice cream.
18. Watch family movies or look at photo albums with the kids.
19. As much as you possibly can…be a yes mom!
20. Register for a 2011 Hearts at Home Conference (your family will thank you)!
What about you? What other ideas do you have for using a snow day to the fullest?
Want regular encouragement?
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.