I love a good love story. Whether on the pages of a good book or on the big screen, I really do enjoy experiencing a love story unfold. Have you ever considered that you have a love story with God? You do! We’re talking about that and more in today’s episode.
Joining me today is Bob Wheatley. He is an author, podcaster, and former professional athlete. After graduating from the University of Southern California, Bob played four years of minor league baseball for the Toronto Blue Jays and the St. Louis Cardinals. He has a strong desire for helping people discover their passion for God which inspired him to write his first book, Our Hearts’ Desire: How Our Stories Reveal The Thing We Want Most.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How our relationship with God is a love story
- The crucial role we play in this story
- How God has pursued us and His people throughout history
- And more!
I hope that this episode is an encouragement to you wherever you listen!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Bob on his website, Instagram, Facebook, and TikTok
- Our Hearts’ Desire: How Our Stories Reveal the Thing We Want Most by Bob Wheatley
- Listen to Bob’s podcast, That Singles’ Show
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) We are retelling the same story. We love going to the movies to see the hero win the day! We like reading books to see someone overcome significant obstacles. These stories draw us in because we are telling and retelling the greatest story ever told. That story is the one found in the Bible. It’s how a Savior came, pursued His people, and will conquer the enemy to win the day!
2) You are in a love story. When we say love story, we aren’t just talking about romantic love; we are talking about sacrificial love. The God of the entire universe is pursuing you, accepting you, and loving you with fierce sacrificial love. We are told in Scripture that God relates to the church (and its members) as His bride. It couldn’t be clearer; you are in a love story!
3) We resist and reject God when we aren’t yet redeemed. Think back to some of the greatest films—love isn’t always returned immediately. Love needs to be proven before it can be received. The same is true with our relationship with God! When we doubt His love, He proves it. He pursues, He redeems, and He restores us over and over again.
Bob Wheatley is an entrepreneur, podcast host, author, speaker, and former professional athlete. Bob’s inborn desire for helping people discover their passion for God inspired him to write his first book, Our Hearts’ Desire: How Our Stories Reveal The Thing We Want Most. Before becoming an author, he played Minor League Baseball for the Toronto Blue Jays and the St. Louis Cardinals. Bob lives in Nashville and likes to read, write, hike, and watch sports.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!