We’re back with another bonus episode! These shorter episodes are always a fun way to bring you some extra podcast goodness as a way to say thank you for your support of this show.
After recording this week’s episode with Tim Shoemaker (such a good one if you haven’t listened yet!), Mark and I started having a conversation about the power of Christian fiction on our faith, and I just had to hit record! Honestly, this is something I’d never been able to articulate before, but Tim broke it down so clearly.
Tim shared that nonfiction is written to our heads, with the hopes that part of it will trickle down to our hearts. Fiction is actually written to go straight to our heart. As we are looking to deepen both our faith and our children’s faith, it’s important that we consider the important role that Christian fiction can play.
In this bonus episode, Mark and I are sharing the fiction books that have been most impactful on our faith, as well as sharing the bonus conversation with Tim Shoemaker!
This one was a lot of fun and I found it really helpful, so I hope you do as well. Listen in!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti
- Piercing the Darkness by Frank Peretti
- Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers
- Karen Kingsbury books
- The Confessions of Adam by David Marsh
- The Shack by William P. Young
- The Fire of Heaven Trilogy by Bill Myers
- Lynn Austin books
- Tamera Alexander books
- Tess Afshar books
- Beverly Lewis books
- Code of Silence by Tim Shoemaker (Book 1 of 3)
- Easy Target by Tim Shoemaker
- Escape from the Everglades by Tim Shoemaker
- Making Family Devotions Crazy Fun with Tim Shoemaker | Episode 78
- The Very Best, Hands-On, Kinda Dangerous Family Devotions by Tim Shoemaker
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks!
What fiction books that have been an important part of your faith journey would you add to this list? Share in the comments!
Tim Shoemaker is a speaker and author of sixteen books including The Very Best, Hands-On, Kinda Dangerous Family Devotions. He is passionate about inspiring families to break out the safety goggles and start bringing the truth of Scripture to life at home. Tim lives in the greater Chicago area with his wife, Cheryl, and they have three grown sons.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know! ???
Loved so many of these books!
The “Left Behind” series of books made me more aware of the end times and consequences of rejecting Christ. I took a closer look at the prophecy and fulfillment of it in both the Old and New Testaments.