Tomorrow we launch our book discussion for Real Moms…Real Jesus. Since this is the first time we’ve done anything like this on my blog, let me give some details and answer some questions you might have.
1) Every Tuesday I will feature the highlights of the chapter and pose a few questions for our discussion. Feel free to comment on your reading or answer one or more questions or share whatever is on your heart after reading the chapter. There’s no right or wrong way to participate. The whole idea is that we can learn so much from each other so the more discussion we have, the more learning that can take place! If you’ve never commented on a blog before, you’ll find a tutorial here.
2) If you are not currently subscribed to my blog, you might want to consider doing so. This way the posts come to you (via email) rather than you having to remember to go to the blog. You’ll find the subscription box at the top right hand corner of my blog.
3) If you subscribe to my blog and receive the posts in email format, you’ll need to click on the title of the post and go to my actual blog to comment or to read the comments others have left. If you hit “reply” to the email post, I will get the reply via email, but others won’t have the benefit of your insight, thoughts, or be able to respond to any questions you might ask. That’s why it’s important for you to go to the actual blog and post your comment.
4) When you post a comment there is a small box in the comment box that you can check to “subscribe via email”. This will allow you to also receive follow-up comments to your posted comment via email.
5) You’ll likely want to read through the comments on Tuesday and Wednesday to fully participate and benefit from the discussion. This is because different people will weigh in on the discussion throughout the day Tuesday and because we’re all moms…for some it may take until Wednesday to participate! Feel free to comment several times if you want to respond to other comments that are posted.
6) Even if you’ve not read the chapter, you’ll still benefit from the discussion. In fact, it’s not too late to get in on the fun. You can order the book on http://www.christianbook.com/, http://www.amazon.com/ or on the Hearts at Home website.
7) We’ll be discussing the Perspective and the Chapter that it goes with each week (if you don’t have the book yet, this might not make sense. Once you get the book, you’ll understand what I’m talking about when you look at the Table of Contents!)
We have women from all over the world participating in our online discussion. I’m looking forward to learning so much from so many of you!
Want regular encouragement?
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.
I’m looking forward to the discussion! :o)
I literally just got the book in the mail! I can not wait to finish all of my running around today and tuck the kids into bed so I can devour chapter one!!! Thanks Jill!
After reading Chapter 1, I wanted to move on and keep reading! I am really excited about this book! Jill, I liked your analogy of being a mom as “the ministry of availability”. Isn’t that so true! I needed the reminder that our loved ones are our “ministry” and not our “interruptions”. Thank You!