How do you find peace when you are not in a very peaceful state of mind? And where do you find the words to talk to God about peace when it feels like your whole life is spinning out of control? In a world that is filled with stress and anxiety, it can seem that peace is difficult to find. We often turn to prayer too late and then wonder why it didn’t work.
Helping me dig into this topic is Brooke McGlothlin. She is the co-founder of Million Praying Moms. Brooke is also a podcaster and author of six books. One of her latest books is Everyday Prayers for Peace. She’s a wife of over 21 years and a mom to two teenage boys.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The role that prayer has in our job as moms
- Understanding the difference between our role and God’s
- How to uncover peace in your everyday life
- And more!
I’m praying this conversation is encouraging to you wherever you listen!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Get your copy of Everyday Prayers for Peace by Brooke McGlothlin
- Connect with Brooke on her website or Facebook
- Learn more about Million Prayer Moms on their website, Facebook, or Instagram
- Listen to the Million Praying Moms podcast
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) Prayer is not a last resort. We say that prayer is important, but often times try everything else before we consider praying. The reality is that prayer should be our first and best response to all situations. It’s time to make a habit of what we believe and pray first rather than last.
2) It’s God’s job to change hearts. This can be a hard one, especially for my mom listeners! But it can also be very freeing. Our role as parents and friends is not to be the Holy Spirit for others. Our role is to be faithful and loving and encouraging and to leave the rest up to God. He is the only one who can change hearts and redeem souls.
3) Peace is a spiritual discipline. Did you know that peace can be grown? Peace is one of the fruits of the spirit mentioned in Galatians 5:22. That means that it is something we can grow as we mature and seek it. Peace is still something that we feel, but it is not entirely dependent on our circumstances. We can find peace even in the midst of worry and stress. We just have to take the time to grow it!
Brooke McGlothlin is an author, speaker, podcaster, and co-founder of Million Praying Moms, a community of believers who are dedicated to praying for the next generation. She has a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a Master of Arts in Professional Counseling. Brooke lives in the mountains of Appalachia with her husband and two teenage boys. She loves flannel shirts, essential oils, and being a “boy mom.”
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!