Too many of us are paralyzed by the fear of “what if.” Have you ever felt that way? We feel God calling and want to go forward with His plans, but fear often stops us in our tracks. Today we are going to declare no more! Instead of letting fear stop you short, you can let faith call you forward. My guest, Jennifer Hand, calls this “putting your yes on the table.” When you do that, you watch God do more in your life than you could have ever imagined.
Jennifer is the Founder and Executive Director of Coming Alive Ministries. She uses her Master’s Degree in Trauma Counseling and her experience living overseas to extend the invitation to come alive in Christ at conferences, retreats, counseling, and through her books. Beyond that, she’s a friend!
In this conversation, you’ll hear:
- The different fears that often prevent us from following God’s plan
- Practical ways to move from fear to faith
- Specific examples from both Jennifer’s life and my life of how we’ve seen God use our yes
- How to remember God’s faithfulness in your life to help you trust him today
Jennifer has an incredible story, and I loved this conversation. I’m excited to share it with you today!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Coming Alive Ministries Website
- Follow Jennifer on Instagram and Facebook
- My Yes Is on the Table: Moving from Fear to Faith by Jennifer Hand
- Coming Alive Conversations with Jennifer Hand
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks!
My Key Takeaways:
1) Putting your yes on the table is not a one-time event. The first time we say yes is when we start a relationship with God and then we get to keep saying yes! It isn’t a one-time event; this is a daily occurrence. We should practice putting our yes on the table when we first wake up in the morning. Make a practice of praying this prayer: Lord, whatever you have for me today, my yes is already on the table. I’m open and willing to follow what you have for me. Despite my fears, I’m going to choose faith in you and give you my yes.
2) Regularly pause and remember who God is and what He has done. It can be scary to trust God’s plan when we don’t know where it will go or how it will turn out. While we may not be able to see what He is up to in the moment, we can look back at what He has done in our lives thus far. In the Bible, God told His people to put up a memorial to remind them of times when He was faithful and fulfilled His promises to them. In the same way, we can remind ourselves of what God has done in our lives in the past. You may choose to journal about those moments or even put up a reminder in your house, like some examples we shared in this episode. When we are able to remember how God has come through for us in the past, it helps us trust Him today.
3) God can see the whole picture. It has been amazing the times that I have seen a glimpse of how God has been at work in my story and how that has impacted others. We may only see a small portion of it, but God sees how each of our lives work together to weave together one amazing, eternal story. You may not fully understand until we get to Heaven how your yes today affected someone else’s life, but we know that God is always up to something even better than we could imagine.
Jennifer Hand is the founder and Executive Director of Coming Alive Ministries. She decided to start Coming Alive Ministries after sharing her experience as an overseas missionary with churches. Jennifer quickly discovered that many of the people who heard her speak were still living as if they were dead inside even though they professed to know the living God. Jennifer uses her Master’s Degree in Trauma Counseling and her experience living overseas to extend the invitation to come alive in Christ at conferences, retreats, counseling, and through her books. She loves having a strong cup of coffee with friends and traveling around the world. Learn more at www.comingaliveministries.com —
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!
this was wonderful, thank you !
I can see that you both have said a big YES to GOD and are very diligent at keeping your promise.
We certainly hope so!