What is a crazy dream that God has dropped in your heart? Is there a door that God seems to be opening that you’re afraid to walk through? For many of us, the default answer to dreams or opportunity is, “No.” But today we’re going to explore the question: “What if we say yes?”
My guest calls these opportunities “God dares.” Kate Battistelli and I met at a recent conference we were both speaking at. She is the bestselling author of The God Dare and Growing Great Kids, mom to GRAMMY award-winning artist Francesca Battistelli, and part of the popular Mom to Mom podcast. In her life, she has experienced infertility, miscarriage, an abortion at 18, and four failed adoption attempts, which all wreaked havoc on her life. She and her husband have an incredible story of being dared by God to lay down their successful career on Broadway to pursue a new and unknown direction. Since then she’s learned to trust God at a deeper level.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Kate’s story of touring nationally with Yul Brynner in “The King and I” on Broadway before laying it all down to follow God’s call on her life
- How we see God dare people throughout the Bible
- Why God likes to invite us into the unknown to accomplish His purpose
- Her favorite song her daughter (Francesca Battistelli) has written
I loved getting to connect with Kate, and I’m eager to share this episode with you today!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Kate’s Website
- Follow Kate on Facebook and Instagram
- The God Dare by Kate Battistelli
- Growing Great Kids by Kate Battistelli
- Francesca Battistelli’s Website
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks!
My Key Takeaways:
1) Often, you have to step forward afraid. I loved when Kate said, “God doesn’t lay out the whole path beforehand. He dares us to trust Him.” The unknown is scary! There are so many “what if” questions that run through our mind, but God invites us to set that aside and trust His leading and His guidance. This life is a step-by-step, hand-in-hand journey alongside Him.
2) “The impossible is God’s comfort zone.” Isn’t this a powerful quote? There are so many things God calls us to that we immediately shut down because they are “too big,” we’re “too unqualified,” or someone else would be “better suited.” But the journey that feels impossible to us is right in God’s comfort zone. He knows exactly what He’s doing.
3) God and the Enemy use fear in very different ways. Kate shared that the Enemy (Satan) will try to use fear against us. He’ll try to use it to shut us down, keeping us frightened and paralyzed with inaction. God, on the other hand, uses it as an invitation to something greater. Fear is normal when God calls us to something big, but He doesn’t want to leave us there. Instead, He wants us to take that first step forward, right alongside Him.
Kate Battistelli is living proof God can and will use anyone if they’re willing to be used. She’s the author of the bestseller, The God Dare, and Growing Great Kids. She’s mom to GRAMMY award-winning artist Francesca Battistelli and Mimi to Francesca’s 6 children. Kate experienced infertility, miscarriage, an abortion at 18, and four failed adoption attempts, which all wreaked havoc on her life. Kate and her husband laid down their careers in the Broadway theatre in answer to their first “God Dare”, moving out of New York City and into a life of homeschooling and a home business. She’s been married to her husband Mike for 38 years and blogs about food and faith at www.KateBattistelli.com. Kate is one-third of the popular Mom to Mom Podcast, bridging the generation gap with a biblical example of mentoring in every season of motherhood.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!