Every marriage has a story. Ours is no exception.
I was so excited to sit down with Mark to share a bit about our journey as well as how we went from Mark and Jill 1.0 to Mark and Jill 2.0.
- There’s no denying that over the years we have had lots of ups and downs!
- One of us grew up in a Christian home, the other didn’t.
- One grew up in an abusive home, the other didn’t.
- One avoided conflict, one reacted with anger.
- One overreacted to things in our marriage and one underreacted to things.
- We have survived infidelity.
- We have sought counseling both together and individually.
How did we move from 1.0 to 2.0?
- We had a growth mindset, not a fixed mindset
- We worked to understand how our past affects our present
- We did some new, much-needed “home internships”
- We learned the power of surrender
We share the details of these and so much more on this new podcast episode! You can listen to it over on the blog or on Itunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or wherever you listen to podcasts. Just search for: The No More Perfect Podcast!
Resources Mentioned in Today’s Podcast
How We Love by Milan and Kay Yerkovich
Subscribe to get notified by email when new podcast episodes are released: