Life transitions can be tricky. There are hard changes that we don’t see coming and then there are welcome changes that we also have to navigate. Change in general can bring a flood of conflicting feelings from joy and delight to vulnerability, fear, and anxiety. As one season closes and another begins, we often find ourselves asking: What on earth am I supposed to do now? That’s what we are talking about in this episode.
My guest, Nicki Koziarz, like so many others, has wondered “what now” during seasons of change. She has often felt lost in the middle spaces of life, including transitioning from working in an office to working from home, raising teenagers on the edge of adulthood, and navigating the painfully slow process of adoption. Nicki recently dug into the middle spaces of life in her latest book, Your New Now: Finding Strength and Wisdom When You Feel Stuck Where You Are. Nicki is an author and speaker at Proverbs 31 Ministries.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- The core struggles we face in seasons full of transitions
- the realities of navigating different stages of life
- Why we should dream about our future
- And more!
I know you will be encouraged by what Nicki shares about life and experiencing changes.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- When You Want to Quit with Nicki Koziarz | Episode 10
- [BOOK] Your New Now: Finding Strength and Wisdom When You Feel Stuck Where You Are
- Connect with Nicki on her website, Facebook, or Instagram
- Take Nicki’s free assessment to determine what season of transition you are currently in
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) We can’t avoid “life quakes” and transitions. Life naturally has different stages. This means that we are going to experience transitions throughout life that are completely normal. This could be getting married, moving to your own house, starting your dream job, or having children. There are still transitions that we may not expect, but growing and moving to new stages of life is a normal occurrence that we all will experience. What’s important is for us to learn how to cope with those changes.
2) Dream about the future. We have a tendency to look back at the “good old days.” But when we focus too much on the past, we end up feeling discontent and can feel hopeless about our future. Practice dreaming about your future and recognize that God has all sorts of surprises ahead that you have yet to experience! God is at work doing things that He can’t wait to reveal to you.
3) Stay focused on the now. That may sound terrifying to some people and that’s because when we focus on the now we have to deal with our discomfort, disappointment, and where we are at in life currently. But, by taking the time to process those feelings and take them to God, we can recognize that God is using these transitions to grow us in ways we may not be able to see right now. He is at work in our lives and although new stages of life can be scary, unknown, and more, they can also be exciting, hopeful, and blessed.
Nicki Koziarz is a podcaster, Bible teacher, author, and speaker at Proverbs 31 Ministries. Her latest book, Your New Now, was just released in March. In it, she tackles what to do in the spaces between no longer and not yet. Nicki is a wife to Kris and mom to three girls and has been in the process of adopting for the last five years. Nicki lives just outside of Charlotte, NC, where they are first-generation farmers on a farm they affectionately call “The Fixer Upper Farm.” Nicki loves to inspire others to become the best version of who God created them to be.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!
Loved this episode!! Something that I needed to hear along with some sweet Sisters in Christ that I forwarded this to! Jill, love your ministry and even though we are states apart I love to listen to your podcast! Say Hi to Mark for us:).
Dawn, sooooo glad we can still hang out in the podcast world!