Boy, do we have a story for you! It’s a story of how God connects the dots and meets needs even when we can’t see how circumstances could ever connect in that way. This summer, Mark and I are going to minister to marriages in Uganda but to tell you how we end up preparing to minister to hundreds and possibly thousands of pastors and their wives, we have to tell you about a road trip to Florida. This episode will look a little different from our regular episodes as we share how a pit stop at a coffee shop led to Mark and me being asked to minister to marriages in Uganda.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- How we decided to put a trip to Uganda on our calendar
- God’s unique ability to connect the dots and cause our lives to intersect
- The importance of being open to what God is doing
- Pastor Zachariah and Daniel Tulibagenyi sharing their vision
- And more!
Listen in to hear how God orchestrated events for us to connect with pastors in Uganda!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Prevail Coffee
- Become a part of our God-team to help us minister to pastors in Uganda
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) God is not limited. He has the ability to connect the dots in ways that we cannot comprehend. God is not limited in the ways that we are and so things that we would never think would cause our lives to collide with someone else’s He uses to connect us. That is what happened to Daniel and me on my way to a coffee shop in Alabama!
2) God has given His people enough to meet needs. There have been many times in our lives when we personally have not had the resources to meet our needs, but the people of God stepped up collectively to meet the need. He can do great things and move mountains to meet any need!
3) Pay attention to God’s prompting. God is often working when you least expect it. It could be as you go about your daily routine, when you are on vacation, or even when you are picking up coffee on a road trip. We need to pay attention to the Lord’s prompting and be open to His leading. You never know when He is making a connection you would never imagine.
About Pastor Zachariah:
Pastor Zachariah is the pastor of a church in Uganda. He has been married for 47 years and has 10 biological children and 33 grandchildren. He oversees 800 churches across Uganda, Tanzania, and Kenya.
Daniel Tulibagenyi is the Founder of Promise International Ministry. Promise International advances the wellbeing of special needs children and their families in Uganda. He is a father of two and was born and raised in Uganda, before moving to United States in 2015. A graduate of Highlands College, Daniel is devoted to serve the special needs children, orphans and mothers while collaborating with churches.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!
That coffee shop picture should be captioned “The joy of the Lord!” This was a stunning episode and such an encouragement to see God clearly working! Thank you for following the Spirit’s prompting…it’s a powerful reminder that when I’m not hearing His voice, I need to get myself out of the way and let God do His thing!
Thank you Mary. And thank you for sharing how it impacted you!
Coffee, shoe laces, loving/serving your family, meeting strangers on a park bench. Love it! Go God!!! Prayers.
Thank you, my friend!
That was a powerful message!! I’m going to pray for God’s leading on what my part is.
Thank you, Pam!
Powerful!! What an amazing God we serve! How He connects dots never ceases to amaze me! Will be praying for you and Mark as you prepare for Uganda!!
This is amazing Jill! Very touched, very amazed by the way that God works, praise His name! Also we will be keeping you and Mark in our prayer for this upcoming trip, and Daniel and Pastor Zachariah for their ministry in Africa. Our God is bigger than any obstacles!
I’m so glad you were able to listen, Alina!