Do you sometimes feel yourself struggling with low energy? Do you often feel overwhelmed with all that needs to be done? Are you lacking motivation or feeling unproductive? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
Susan Seay is an international speaker, certified life coach, and the host of the popular Mentor 4 Moms podcast (seriously, it’s in the top 2% of all podcasts!). But most importantly, Susan is my good friend and she’s blessed my life in SO many ways and I know she will bless yours! In this episode, she walks us through what it takes to master new habits, what it is that really affects our capacity, why she’s so passionate about utilizing business principles in her role as a homemaker, and the best way to increase our capacity (this one surprised me!).
Susan is the right person to lead us to better understand what to do when the energy is low, the motivation is missing, and the productivity seems to have gone right out the window. So excited to share this conversation with you!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Susan’s Website
- Mentor 4 Moms Podcast
- Connect with Susan on Facebook and Instagram
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks!
My Key Takeaways:
1) New habits are especially hard when we start them. It takes time to master a new habit. This is because we have to be conscious and intentional about each step we take. Those new habits take up a lot more energy initially because we are focusing on the little details, so don’t be discouraged when you are trying to build a new habit and it takes you longer than you expected. Consider only trying to start one to two new habits at a time so you are not overwhelmed.
2) We have our fullest capacity when we are near to God. If you are a follower of Jesus, you are able to be renewed in God. We can lean on His strength. The amount of capacity we are wired for is the full amount of what God intended. For example, I’m high-capacity and my husband, Mark, is low-capacity. Neither of us are wired wrong, but are created exactly as God intended us to be!
3) Increase your capacity by resting first. Seriously! It seems a little counter-intuitive, but I love how Susan highlights the importance of rest in this conversation. Our natural tendency is to treat rest like a reward that has to be earned. When we rest first, it actually increases our capacity and helps us pause to fine tune what we are supposed to focus our efforts on.
Susan Seay is the host of the popular Mentor 4 Moms podcast. She is an international speaker, author, and certified life coach. She provides practical tools and loads of encouragement to busy moms through her podcast. Susan lives in Austin, TX with her husband and seven children. Learn more at https://susanseay.com/
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!