Today’s episode is a major wisdom download for all of us! If you are like me, you love to learn from others who have walked the path before you and can offer advice from their experience. Well, I was talking with my friend Danna, who turned 70 this year, and she mentioned that she was making a list of the things she wished she had done and known earlier in life. My ears perked up and I asked if we could record a conversation about the lessons she’s learned.
Danna Demetre loves encouraging women toward healthier lives in body, soul, and spirit. She is a retired registered nurse, author of seven books, and a veteran health and weight loss coach.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why we all can learn to love more like a dog loves
- How laundry can be a call to gratitude and mindfulness
- If it matters whether you “go grey” or dye your hair regularly
- The importance of listening to who God says you are
- And so much more!
This was a great conversation with something for everyone!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Danna’s Website
- Follow Lean Healthy Ageless on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube
- Eat Live Thrive Diet by Danna Demetre and Robyn Thomson
- Heaven: A Comprehensive Guide to Everything the Bible Says About Our Eternal Home by Randy Alcorn
- The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) What if we loved more like dogs love? If you are a dog owner, you know there is nothing better than the love that dog has for you. They don’t hold a grudge if we haven’t been able to walk them and they are quick to forgive when you accidentally step on their tails. We can take a lesson from our canine friends when it comes to loving others. We should strive to love first and not be the scorekeeper in our relationships.
2) Spend more time learning about Heaven than your next vacation spot. If you love traveling like me, then you’ve probably done some research about the sights and best places to eat. But how often do we turn our curiosity and excitement toward Heaven? There are some things that we cannot know, but it is worth our time to ponder and prepare our hearts for our eternal home.
3) Celebrate your strengths and differences. Especially for women, there is pressure in culture to keep up with the latest fad and avoid any signs of aging. However, when we do this, we usually fall into the trap of a poor self-image. God looks at each one of us and sees our beauty, strengths, and uniqueness! So instead of comparing and finding our value from culture, we need to be going to God to inform us of who we truly are.
Danna Demetre is a retired registered nurse, author of seven books, and a veteran health and weight loss coach. She loves encouraging women to live healthier lives in body, soul, and spirit. She struggled with emotional eating, bulimia, and panic attacks as a young woman but discovered the power of becoming “transformed by the renewing of her mind” and how that can impact every dimension of life. Danna recently co-authored Eat Live Thrive Diet with Robyn Thomson. She lives with her husband of over 35 years, Lew, near San Diego, CA and enjoys an active rural lifestyle and frequent visits from their children and grandchildren.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!