Life on this side of heaven can be challenging at times. I know that isn’t breaking news for most of us, but what might surprise you is that a battle is going on around us. There’s an enemy that comes to steal, kill, and destroy, and we must be aware that this is happening. We also need to know how to find victory in that battle.
In this episode, I am joined by my friend, Judy Dunagan, for a discussion on spiritual warfare. Judy is an acquisitions editor at Moody Publishers. She is also the author of The Loudest Roar, which helps us stand in the unshakable victory Christ has already won despite the battle raging around us.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Who the enemy is and how he attacks.
- What spiritual warfare looks like in our lives.
- The tools at our disposal as Christians to defend ourselves.
- And more!
I believe this episode will equip you today!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Connect with Judy on Facebook, Instagram, and her website.
- Read Judy’s blog, Psalm 91.1
- The Loudest Roar: Living in the Unshakable Victory of Christ by Judy Dunagan
- The Adversary: The Christian Versus Demon Activity by Mark I. Bubeck
- Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) Everyone is affected by the enemy. We are told in the Bible how the enemy, Satan, came and tempted Jesus. If God himself was not spared from being tempted by Satan, what makes us think that we will somehow not undergo his attacks? When we are aware of this truth, we can prepare to defend ourselves.
2) Be aware of your vulnerable spots. The enemy knows our weak points and struggles and actively works to use them to his advantage. We need to know what we struggle with and learn how to counter his attacks. If your marriage is struggling, that is where he will attack. If you struggle with anxiety, that is where he will strike. Although we need to know God’s Truth and turn to Christ in those moments, we also need to get outside help. This could be consulting with a doctor, counselor, or therapist to take advantage of every resource available.
3) Start in Psalm 91. God has given us His word (The Bible) and prayer to defend ourselves against the enemy’s attacks. If you don’t know where to start, I recommend reading Psalm 91. I’ve even linked a blog from Judy in the show notes that is an excellent resource. We need to make a habit of praying and turning to God so that we can hear His voice over the enemy’s.
Judy Dunagan is an acquisitions editor at Moody Publishers, a new author, Bible teacher, and speaker. Her first and new book, The Loudest Roar, talks about how to hear God’s roar over the lies of the Enemy. Judy and her husband, Rick, split their time between Colorado Springs and Arizona. They have two daughters and five grandbabies. In her spare time, Judy likes to go to movies, read, and enjoy a drive through the Colorado mountains.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!