Do you ever get the feeling that you are meant for something more? Or maybe you struggle with wanting to do something great, while longing for a simple, ordinary life. We can often feel the tension between these two and wonder if we have to sacrifice one for the other.
My guest today has written a book all about this tension. Kelly Needham knows what it is like to long for a feeling of purpose in the here and now. Kelly and her husband, Jimmy, co-host their podcast, Clearly. She is also the author of a new book titled Purposefooled: Why Chasing Your Dreams, Finding Your Calling, and Reaching for Greatness Will Never Be Enough.
What I want you to know is that you were absolutely meant for something more but the answer isn’t to go bigger or smaller. Listen in to my conversation with Kelly to find out what I mean!
In this conversation, you’ll hear:
- Kelly’s story of longing for something more
- The importance of shepherding your own heart
- How to find fulfillment today
- And so much more!
Thanks for listening in!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- [BOOK] Purposefooled: Why Chasing Your Dreams, Finding Your Calling, and Reaching for Greatness Will Never Be Enough
- Listen to or watch the Clearly Podcast
- Connect with Kelly on her website, Facebook, or Instagram
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) Social media increases this feeling that we are “missing out.” We often see people living their dreams or accomplishing great things portrayed on social media. What we don’t see are the lulls of everyday life and the monotony of everything in between. Social media promotes unhealthy comparison that creates a skewed narrative about what we should value.
2) Our longings guide us. Whether those longings are good or bad, they will lead us toward what will fulfill them. This is why it is crucial to shepherd our hearts and determine the longings that are right for us and how we can fulfill those desires in the correct way. If our good longings are fulfilled in the wrong way, it leaves us unsatisfied.
3) Contentment is found in Christ. We all have days when our efforts go unnoticed or under the radar. You might consider these days when nothing we do seems worthy of being posted online. But what we were meant for, our purpose, is not dependent on being seen or recognized by others. We can have contentment on the boring days because we know that God sees our efforts and we are remaining faithful to our purpose.
Kelly Needham is an author, podcast co-host, adoptive parent, wife, and mother. Her hope is to convince as many people as possible that nothing compares to knowing Jesus. Kelly lives in the Dallas, Texas area with her husband, Jimmy, and their five children.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!