Mark and I recently saw a friend we hadn’t seen for a long time. We asked how he and his wife were doing. He said, “We’re learning to flirt well and flirt often.”
I loved his answer! This is a couple that’s been married about 30 years!
Flirting is something Mark and I have definitely been doing more over the past year. We’ve been intentional about staying connected during the day and expressing our love and appreciation to each other often.
How do you flirt with your spouse? Here are a few ways to make that happen:
- Send your spouse a text for no other reason than to say “I’m thinking about you,” or “I love you.”
- Touch lovingly when you are together.
- Hold hands.
- Look across the room at your spouse and “speak” with your eyes.
- Leave a love note on the mirror written with a wet or dry erase marker.
- Write a note to him on the rear view mirror of his/her car with a wet or dry erase marker.
- Hold hands every time you pray in church or at mealtime.
- Kiss passionately in the kitchen.
- Ask him to choose your bra and underwear for the day.
- Remind him what you’re wearing that only he knows about throughout the day.
- Text him/her about anything throughout the day–what you’re thinking about, things you’re remembering, a song you just heard that reminded you of him/her.
- Tell him you desire him.
- Tell her you cherish her.
- Play footsie under the table.
- Put sex on the calendar and prepare your heart and mind for it throughout that day. Send each other texts reminding one another what day it is!
- Send him a racy email or text. (Make sure his address is in the “To” box!)
- Surprise him/her with something you normally wouldn’t do. Catch him/her off guard.
- Give him/her a card for no reason.
What about you? What are some ways you flirt with your spouse to keep your marriage at the top of your priorities?
Want regular encouragement?
Subscribe to get Jill's latest content by email.
But what do you do when your husband is “flirting challenged?” I LOVE to flirt with my husband but him “getting it” is a different story. It’s seriously like banging my head against a wall sometimes……and incredibly frustrating!
Did you two flirt before you got married? Can you ask him to get back to pre-marriage effort?
We did. We met in high school. We’ve been married 17 years but have been together 25. I’m just afraid that we’re reaching a “stale-mate” (pardon the pun!) in our relationship. Another problem right now is that he’s deployed. I try to “spice things up” while he’s gone….I sent him photos, some fun care packages, but again….it’s like pulling teeth with him….
Keep doing what you’re doing even if it’s hard! It’s worth it!
This will make you all laugh…
Towards the end of a wonderfully productive day I was in a super good mood. James was at work (he’s a firefighter) and would be home the next day. I sent the text: “If tomorrow turns out to be anything like today, be ready for some sweet lovin’.”
The reply was, “Was this meant for me?” I had sent it to another J name in my contact list – Jeannie – a good friend, mentor and coworker of mine from church.
Most embarrassing moment EVER!
Oh my! You made me laugh out loud! That’s why I said in the article to make sure it really is his name in the “To” box! One time Julie Barnhill sent a racy text message to Rick Jr instead of Rick Sr! Oh my!