I would be what some people call “fashion-challenged.” I seriously need something like Garanimals for adults. For those that aren’t familiar with Garanimals, it is a mix-and-match clothing brand for children where every piece of clothing matches using animal icons. Finding the right outfit is as easy as matching the animal! Well, my friend Shari Braendel has made it easier than ever for women to dress in a way that complements their God-given features.
Shari started Fashion Meets Faith many years ago and served as a speaker for us multiple times at the Hearts at Home conferences I used to host. Fashion Meets Faith is now known as Style by Color, and it’s been a lifesaver for me! The heart of Style by Color is to help you delight in the way that God designed you.
In this conversation, you’ll hear:
- How your inner beauty can meet your outer beauty
- Why colors matter
- Quick tips for accessorizing
- And much more!
Shari has helped me so much with my fashion sense over the years, and I know hearing this conversation will benefit you too!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Fall + Winter Closer Outfit Planner
- Free Color Quiz
- Color Experience
- 16-Point Accessory Rule
- Jewelry Swap Video
- Connect with Shari on her YouTube or website
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) Learn your body type. Our body shape has to do with where we gain weight. If you’ve ever seen an outfit that looks cute on a mannequin but then tried it on and it looks completely different, that’s because we have a different body shape than those unrealistic mannequins. When we dress to our body shape, we can feel more confident because the clothing is bringing attention to all the right places.
2) Know your colors. This is so much more than “knowing your season.” When you know what colors look good on you, it’s a game changer! Your color code is based on your eye color, hair color, skin tone, and more. When we know what our color code is, it makes shopping a whole lot easier because we can avoid the colors that don’t flatter us altogether.
3) The goal is not to look bigger or smaller. It’s easy to shy away from fashion because it makes us feel vain. However, the goal is not to idealize one body type that is impossible for 99% of us to achieve. The goal is to look the very best you can look for how God made you—size, shape, and all!
Shari Braendel is the founder of Style by Color, a fashion consulting business. Shari is also an author, style editor, speaker, educator, and professional image consultant. When she created Style by Color, Shari created an easy-to-follow system that anyone can use to unlock their style potential and start enjoying how they were designed by God. Shari has helped thousands of women reveal who they are in Christ and dress themselves with confidence.
Would you like to be notified by email when a new No More Perfect Podcast episode releases? Just fill in your name and email and we’ll make sure you’re in the know!