It’s hard to believe that this is our final episode for 2022! Mark is joining me on the podcast today to review the year and share what we look forward to in the new year. We are so thankful to you, our faithful listener, and we are so excited about everything coming up in 2023. Thanks for listening to this episode and closing out the year with us!
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Our recap of 2022 and the lessons we learned along the way
- What we are looking forward to in 2023
- We close out this episode and the year by reading the Christmas story
- And more!
We hope you have a very Merry Christmas, and we will be back in 2023!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Bonus Episode: Staying Steady When Life Gets Hard
- Mark’s book, I Really Messed Up
- Jill’s book, My Heart is Broken
- Check out HomeExchange
- No More Perfect Date Night
- Our Upcoming Speaking Schedule
- Join our VIP Email List!
- As a thank you for listening, get your 3 free eBooks.
My Key Takeaways:
1) Reflection is good for the soul. If you don’t have a regular practice of reflecting on the last year, I highly encourage you to do so! Reflection allows us to see how far we have come and how we are growing and maturing. Reflection also allows us to set realistic goals for the future.
2) Put things on your calendar to look forward to. Do you feel stuck in the daily grind of working, eating, and sleeping? If so, sit down and plan a trip, book a class, or find a fun date night with your spouse. By putting things on our calenders, we are creating something to look forward to and can get excited about.
3) End the year with us by remembering the Christmas story. Whether you are a Christian or not, we encourage you to look at the Christmas story of Jesus coming to earth. Jesus is the reason why we do this podcast and live our lives in the way that we do. This is the time that we celebrate His coming to earth which marks the start of His plan to save us. We can’t think of a better way to close out the year! There are several places you can find it in the Bible, but the one we read in the episode today was from Luke 2.
Thank you for your ministry and resources that keep people talking! My takeaways from this year:
1. 15 prayers for your child this school year. . I use it as a framework for morning prayer over grandchildren, children, spouse, son in laws, and whoever comes to my mind.
2. Framework for weekly meeting gives us solid structure to build on. Helps to talk about tough things.
3.. Resources on identity in Christ, intimacy with Christ, faith building in Christ.
Wayne, this is so helpful to know how you’ve been able to use our resources. We love having you guys in our community. Thank you for sharing this!
Great episode! It’s always fun to hear you two be real! Though I am curious about the travel course you took! I’d love to save money on travel! Can you share that resource, Jill?
The course I took is no longer being offered. They’ve replaced it with this one: https://travelhackingmom.teachable.com/ You can also follow them on Instagram!